Wildcat Golf Course, previously known as Meadowbrook Country Club, was established and constructed in 1921. It is considered to be one of the oldest country clubs in Texas. During the early 1920’s, Palestine was a hub for the Missouri Pacific Railroad and the country club was an integral part of the community.
The clubhouse and golf course went through many changes over the years and was eventually closed in 2009. However, in 2014, Grace Methodist Church purchased the property and in turn, graciously leased the golf course to Palestine Independent School District.
Palestine High School students and staff have been diligently working to revitalize the golf course and remodel a house which will serve as the new clubhouse. The opportunity for our students to have a hands-on learning lab is invaluable.
THE PAST HAS JUST MET ITS FUTURE!